Choosing Your Worktop

For more information on Your Makeover please see below or call or team now on 01531 633231

Firstly budget is important when choosing a work surface, the worktop choices below are in typical price order. Secondly is practicality because some work surfaces are high maintenance and take a certain level of upkeep eg. wood surfaces need regular oiling. Thirdly, the overall look and feel of the worktops, some allow for curves and under mounted sinks and some textured or high gloss and others cold 

Laminate - £

Laminate - £

Our Duropal laminate worktops are the perfect alternative to resin, granite and stone worktops at a fraction of the price. The surface of the worktop is a melamine resin which is the hardest of all synthetically produced organic materials which allows for a high resistance to scratches, wear, chemicals and heat. The laminate worktops have the largest range of colour choices including wood effects, extreme matt and high gloss. Duropal is generally 40mm but also available are 4 new 20mm options.

Zenith - ££

Zenith - ££

Zenith work surfaces are a compact laminate material made from layers of black kraft paper and resin creating an extra black core, a decorative sheet is on each side (available in a choice of 6 colours) and protected with a high resistance overlay. They are unique due to being an ultra thin 12.5mm. Zenith is 100% waterproof so provides the ability to install under-mounted sinks with drainer grooves and have smooth curved edges.

Fenix - ££

Fenix - ££

Fenix combine high fashion and high performance to create a new generation of work surfaces. The external surface uses nano-technology and acrylic resins that are hardened and fixed with an electron beam curing process. This enables micro scratches to be thermally healed by simply rubbing the area or applying heat. Fenix surfaces are available in 5 different matt colours, soft to the touch, anti-static and anti fingerprint.

Solid Surface Minerva - £££

Solid Surface Minerva - £££

Solid surface worktops are manufactured using state of the art technology to deliver a luxurious appearance of real stone, cool pleasing touch and robust performance makes it a popular choice. Minerva is made from a blend of the finest materials and is guaranteed against manufacturing defects for 10 years. All surfaces have factory finished edges, inconspicuous joints, a smooth feel and allow for curved edges and under mounted sinks with drainer grooves.

Solid Wood - £££

Solid Wood - £££

Solid wood surfaces provide a natural warmth and character for both classic and contemporary kitchens. Available in 6 different effects, Light Steamed Beech, European Oak, Rustic Oak, Ash Nature, Iroko and European Walnut there is plenty to choose from and varying price points. Due to the natural material each piece will vary in grain and tone and will develop a patina and character with use. Wood worktops require high maintenance and will require regular oiling (at least every 3 months).

Quartz - ££££

Quartz - ££££

Quartz is a man-made granite alternative and offers various benefits including greater colour consistency and built in anti-bacterial protection. It is made up of 93% natural quartz mineral, with the remaining 7% consisting of fragments, pigments and resin to provide strength. Quartz is available in an extensive range of colours ensuring that you find the right one for you. It is also highly stain resistant and scratch resistant. Quartz is the perfect option for granite lovers with a budget.

Granite - £££££

Granite - £££££

Granite worktops are incredibly popular as they are both strong and durable; it is cut in its natural state and polished up to be used in homes. Each slab of granite will be unique, as it is a natural stone, so expect different veining and colour from the samples that you will see. These work surfaces are highly resistant to heat, scratching and staining however will need to be well looked after as scratches and stains cannot be removed.